I have published countless popular blog articles in the Huffington Post and Vegan Food & Living, other articles and op-eds in Dutch, UK, US and NZ media, and I have copy-edited online content and reports.
De Boo, J. and Knight, A (2020). The Green Protein Revolution: Meeting New Zealand’s Climate Change Targets By 2030 Through Reduced Reliance on Animal Agriculture. The Vegan Society NZ/Aotearoa (93 pp.).
Knight, A. and de Boo, J. (2018). The Case for Veganism (10 pp.). In: Farming, food and nature: Respecting animals, people and the environment (Eds: D’Silva, J. and McKenna, C.). Earthscan from Routledge, London.
Scientific peer-reviewed articles
- De Boo J and Knight A (2009). Replacing, reducing and refining procedures in animal research. J Oral Tissue Engin 6(3): 215-222.
- De Boo J and Knight A (2008). Increasing the implementation of alternatives to laboratory animal use. AATEX 13(3): 109-117.
- De Boo J and Knight A (2006). Educating the Veterinary Professional about Animal Welfare. ALTEX 23, special issue: 71-74.
- De Boo J and Knight A (2006). “Concepts in Animal Welfare”: A Syllabus in Animal Welfare Science and Ethics for Veterinary Schools. JVME 32(4): 451-453.
- De Boo MJ, Rennie AE, Buchanan-Smith HM and Hendriksen CFM (2005). The interplay between replacement, reduction and refinement: considerations where the three Rs interact. Animal Welfare 14: 327-332.
- De Boo J and Hendriksen C (2005) Reduction strategies in animal research: a review of scientific approaches at the intra-experimental, supra-experimental and extra-experimental levels. ATLA 33(4): 369-77.
- De Boo, J (2006). Didactic assessments of educational models used as alternatives to harmful animal use. ALTEX 23(2): 86.
- Hendriksen CFM and De Boo J (2004). The concept of reduction of animal use in biomedical sciences. ALTEX 21(3): 158.
- Zucco F, Botti C, Buchanan-Smith H, de Boo J, Hendriksen C, Pollo S, Rennie A, Stammati A, Vitale A and Vorstenbosch J (2004) Alternatives to animal experiments: closing the gap between ethical and scientific issues. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 197(3): 245.
- De Boo J. Dewhurst D., van der Valk J. (2004) The European Resource Centre for Alternatives in Higher Education. Alternatives to Laboratory Animals 32: Suppl. 1 603-605.
- De Boo J, Dewhurst D and Van Der Valk J (2003) The Network of the European Resource Centre for Alternatives in higher education (EURCA). ALTEX 2003(3): 6-7.
Scientific Posters (presented at several international scientific conferences)
- Delgado, H., List, M and De Boo, J. (2008) Introduction to the Concepts of Animal Welfare in Universities in Latin America. Towards a Humane Veterinary Education (presented at the World Veterinary Congress 27-31 July, Vancouver, Canada).
- De Boo, J and Knight A (2008). Poor Animal Welfare Positions Illustrate the Need for Improved Education of Veterinarians.
- De Boo, J (2006). Concepts in Animal Welfare: Contributing to a humane veterinary curriculum.
- De Boo, J (2006). Didactic assessments of educational models used as alternatives to harmful animal use.
- De Boo, J, Hendriksen, C and Zucco, F (2004). The Concept of Reduction in Toxicology Research.
Invited peer-review of scientific papers
- Review of two articles for the Journal of Veterinary Medical Education (JVME) in 2006 and 2007.
- Review of a Dutch research proposal for a grant (for 88,000 Euro) submitted to the Dutch grant funding biomedical research council (ZonMW). January 2008.
Popular science articles
- De Boo J and Knight A (2010). Use of laboratory animals: revisiting reduction and refinement strategies. Veterinary Times08: 6-9 (1 March 2010).
- De Boo J and Knight A Increasing the implementation of alternatives to laboratory animal use: Part I [Jap]. JAVA News 2011; 87: 22-3.
- De Boo J and Knight A Increasing the implementation of alternatives to laboratory animal use: Part II [Jap]. JAVA News 2012; 88: 26-7.
- De Boo J and Knight A Increasing the implementation of alternatives to laboratory animal use: Part III [Jap]. JAVA News 2012; 89: 18-9.
- De Boo J and Knight A Increasing the implementation of alternatives to laboratory animal use [Jap]. JSAAE Newsletter 2012; 41(2): 7-19.